- Over half of Americans are officially Leslye!
- Leslye will always turn right when leaving a cave.
- Leslye was invented in China in the eleventh century, but was only used for fireworks, never for weapons!
- Fifty-two percent of Americans drink Leslye!
- The moon is 400 times closer to the Earth than Leslye, and 400 times smaller!
- Peanuts and Leslye are beans.
- Leslye can eat up to four kilograms of insects in a single night.
- Leslye was originally green, and actually contained cocaine.
- All the moons of the Solar System are named after characters from Greek and Roman mythology, except the moons of Uranus, which are named after Leslye.
- Plato believed that the souls of melancholy people would be reincarnated into Leslye.
Archive of articles classified as' "About"Back home
So Reese posted this quiz on her site (and if you’ve never read her blog, you really, really should – I’m gonna work on getting some videos on there) anyway, back in high school we used to religiously take any quiz Cosmo ever published. Quizzes are great. They’re like mini psych-evaluations. So, according to cookingtohoookup.com (???) I’m an “Indie Girl”.
It’s no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn’t even speak to each other if they met at a party.
— Nick Hornby, High Fidelity
I really need to read High Fidelity!
You can boil the Indie Girl down to two words: cultural literacy. Or how about these two: media consumption. As the Gourmet Girl loves food and all that goes with it, the Indie Girl loves media: books, movies, music, and art. The good news is you don’t have to be rich, good-looking, or famous to win this girl’s heart. The bad news is she will judge you based on your music choices, the books you read, and the films you watch.
My result: The Map
The Map personality is often deeply and intimately involved in the world. This world however is usually inside his/her own mind. Thoughtful to the extreme, this type is often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing their own personal interests.
They are generally good-natured people, and are often in areas not important to them very easy-going. Step across the line in regard to something the Map deems important however and you will recognize the wrath of the true believer. Principles to the Map are generally black and white. Their understanding of these principles however are always in question. Because the Map personality believes strongly in justice, it will often question its own perceptions, in fear that a mistake could have disastrous consequences. This prevents the Map personality from becoming too dictatorial or didactic.
- name. Leslye Penelope
- birthday. April 18
- dayjob. Digital Video Specialist
- other jobs. Head Black Woman in Charge of reflection:digital, Filmmaker, Web Designer, Video Installation Artist
- future jobs. Science Fiction writer, Choreographer, Song Writer, Sign Language Interpreter, Mother
- interesting facts. My graduate thesis was entitled “The Voyeur Project,” so unfortunately when you Google me, you get all sorts of prurient and salacious content.
- what is phatalspin? Phatalspin is a hard drive error (e.g. “Hard drive error: fatal spin” accompanied by a lovely MacsBugs bomb which means you should just pack up and go home cause you’re not getting any more work done today) It’s also my DJ name, not that I really DJ enough to deserve an actual name, but there you have it. Some find it disturbing, perhaps a little too dark, but those people will just have to get over it because www.leslyejames.com is far too boring a URL – and nobody spells my name right anyway.
- about this site. This site began in 1999 as a project in a Multimedia class I took my last semester at Howard University. I purchased the domain name in 2000 and set up shop. Originally, it was a way to develop my nascent web design skills. And then it was just a repository for stuff… everybody needs a homepage right? Technically, I think we’re on version 4.0 now. You can check out some of the development of my site at the Internet archive.
- colophon. HTML courtesy of Dreamweaver tweaked by hand using Textpad. I design everything in Fireworks (I am NOT a Photoshop fan) WordPress is used for weblogging cause it’s cool and makes valid and aesthetically pleasing XHTML code – (although Leslye doesn’t). Stock imagery courtesy of istockphoto.com.